A historic landmark in downtown Edmonton, built in 1913. The A. Macdonald Building is of architectural significance as one of Edmonton’s most distinguished examples of commercial warehouse architecture. A landmark in the Central McDougall area, it was a storage and cartage of wholesale grocery goods and named for Alexander Macdonald, president of the A. Macdonald Company of Winnipeg, whose Edmonton branch became one of the three largest grocery suppliers in northern Alberta. Over the years it has served a variety of other uses. KGRE is working on plans to restore the architectural façade of this Edmonton landmark and bring the building back up to code. Future uses for this building have not been finalized.
Stay tuned for updates.
Projected completion date: TBD